Motorola Atrix 2 is one of the newly released phones in the market. It is a powerful and sleek device and is the sequel of one of Moto’s biggest successes, the Atrix. Rooting a device helps you control all the functions of the device, makes you the master of the device and not just a mere user. Rooting helps you customize your phone to suit your needs and fancies. In fact you can even install your own ROM in your phone. In this article, we give you a simple procedure to root Atrix 2.
Though the lure of rooting is powerful, you must keep in mind that this will not only void your warranty but there is a fair chance that you might also brick your phone if you are not careful enough. While rooting your device, there is a chance that your data may get corrupt or destroyed or lost. So we recommend that before rooting, make sure you back up your data.
- You can back up SMS using SMS Backup & Restore app, contacts by syncing with Gmail, using external memory cards for files and internet and MMS settings by noting down from applications > settings > wireless and network > mobile networks > access point names.
- Enable USB debugging from Settings > Applications > Development.
- Make sure that Android SDK is installed on your computer.
- Charge your phone and ensure that there is at least 70-80 % charge.
Now your gadget is ready to be unlocked. Please follow the instructions with utmost care to prevent damage.
Steps to Root Motorola Atrix 2 having Android v2.3.5:
- We start with downloading Exploit.zip for Motorola Atrix 2 in your computer. Unzip the contents and extract the files to a folder called “exploit” in your desktop.
- Connect Atrix 2 to your computer with the help of USB cable provided
- Next, you need to open command prompt in your computer and navigate to exploit folder.
Enter the commands one after another as mentioned below:
- adb push zerg /data/local
- adb push su /data/local
- adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
- adb shell
- cd /data/local
- chmod 777 zerg
Make sure that your phone does not get disconnected from the computer during this procedure. Once the device has gained rooting access, you need to enter another set of commands one by one.
- adb shell
- mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system
- cat /data/local/su> /system/bin/su
- cat /data/local/Superuser.apk> /system/app/Superuser.apk
- chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
- chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
- In case the above mentioned procedure doesn’t work, don’t worry. There is a simpler process with which you can root your smartphone with a single click. You start by downloading One Click tool for Motorola Atrix 2 on your computer and unzip the package. Install all the essential drivers in your computer by clicking on a file called adb.
- Connect your Motorola Atrix 2 to the computer with “charge only” mode.
- Open a file called “runme.bat”.
Steps to Root Motorola Atrix 2 having Android v2.3.6:
- Make sure you have drivers installed.
- Download root package to your computer and extract it.
- Connect Atrix 2 to PC with help of data cable.
- Navigate to extracted folder and click ”Click-To-Root.bat”.
Congratulations your android gadget has been successfully rooted. Now reboot the phone after you disconnect it from the computer.
Disclaimer: Please follow above instructions at your own risk. We are not be liable if your device gets bricked during rooting process.