HTC denied official ICS update for HTC Desire HD but the XDA members have done it. Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 is based on latest Incredible S 4.10.405.1 firmware. The ROM has HTC Sense 3.6 and Android 4.0.4 Base. Here is step by step tutorial to update this ROM.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root HTC Desire HD“. Assuming you already have rooted device, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 ROM:
- Rebase to Incredible S 4.10.405.1
- Camera Recording 480p and 720P with audio
- Removed Stereo Recording and Front Facing Cam
- Blackout BeastMode Kernel V1.0
- New OC Values
- Working Bluetooth
- Exclusive Blackout Skin v1.0 with Sense 4.0 Style Clock Widget
Prerequisites before Updating Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update HTC Desire HD with Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 ROM:
- Download Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 on your PC.
- Copy downloaded ROM to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your Blackout ICS Incredible v3.0.0 ROM.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum