HTC is yet to release official ICS update for the Incredible S, but XDA members are successful in porting Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on its device. Codename Android ViVo is based on clean Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, This ROM gives you plenty of customizable options making your device unique in every aspect. Here is step by step tutorial to update this ROM.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root HTC Incredible S“. Assuming you already have rooted device, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of Codename Android ViVo ROM:
- Based off of Clean Android 4.1.1 Rev4
- T-mobile Theme Manager
- Trebuchet Custom Launcher
- Ability to set custom ringtone delay
- Customizable Messaging App, Phone App, Power Menu, Status Bar, Notification Bar, Lockscreen, Sound Settings etc.
- Performance Settings
- Developer Options
- Bluetooth: AVRCP
Bugs in Codename Android ViVo ROM:
- Front Camera Not Working, Force Closes
- Wi-Fi hotspot not working
- LED notifications not working, only works when charging
Prerequisites before Updating Codename Android ViVo ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update HTC Incredible S with Codename Android ViVo ROM:
- Download Codename Android ViVo ROM on your PC.
- Copy downloaded ROM to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your Codename Android ViVo Jelly Bean Firmware.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum