You always wanted it and we respected your wish, this time with tutorial to flash custom rom on your Sony Xperia S. The KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed ROM is based on ICS 4.0.4 stock firmware and easy to install with the help of Aroma Installer. Here is step by step tutorial to flash this ROM.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root Sony Xperia S“. For flashing this ROM you also need unlocked bootloader, you can unlock your bootloader from Sony’s Official Website. Assuming you already have rooted device & unlocked bootloader, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed ROM:
- Pre-rooted with Xperia SSpeed Kernel
- Xperia SSpeed Kernel Wifi modules included
- Lots of tweaks
- init.d support
- Statusbar toggles
- Swipe to remove notification
- 100% Image quality
- Hide data notifications
- All stock features
- Fully deodexed
- New phone off charging animation
Prerequisites before Updating KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia S with KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed ROM:
- Download KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed zip file on your PC.
- Copy downloaded ROM’s zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your KA11.1 Xperia SSpeed ROM.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum