Parandroid v1.992 is an Android 4.1.1 Jellybean custom hybrid firmware that enables you to choose user interface in tablet mode as well as phone mode. The ROM includes CM10 patches that lets you taste CyanogenMod in this hybrid ROM. The main thing about this ROM is that it lets you change layout and size of apps, widgets, and system components making your device look unique in every aspect.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Nexus” or through GNex Toolkit v7.8. If you already have rooted Galaxy Nexus, follow this step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Key Features of Parandroid v1.992 CM10 Firmware:
- CM Patches
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- OTA Updates
- Tablet Mode / Phone Mode
- Scaling error fixes
Prerequisites before Updating Parandroid v1.992 CM10 Firmware:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Parandroid v1.992 CM10 Firmware:
- Install latest CWM on your device.
- Download Parandroid v1.992 ROM zip file on your PC.
- Copy downloaded ROM zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into CWM recovery. Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset followed by Wipe Data, Clear Dalvik Cache, and then Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your Parandroid v1.992 CM10 Firmware.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum