TrickDroid is based on Android 4.0.0 ICS firmware. The firmware is based on HTC Europe and works perfectly fine with both versions of One S, i.e one with Snapdragon S4 & S3 processor. This ROM comes with tweak package that lets you tweak your device in your desired way.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root HTC One S“. Assuming you already have rooted device, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of TrickDroid ROM:
- Totally rebased on the new RUU from Football (2.21.401.10)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Unsecured boot.img
- Busybox Binary
- Excellent battery life
- GPU UI Rendering
- RAM Optimization
- Better CPU Performance
- init.d scripts support
- Improved EXT4 System
- SuperSU Binary
- Removed bloatware
- Custom Boot Animation
- Advanced Power Menu
- Extended Quick Settings
Prerequisites before Updating TrickDroid ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update HTC Incredible S with TrickDroid ROM:
- Download TrickDroid ROM & Tweaks Package on your PC.
- Extract boot.img file from ROM’s zip to c:\temp folder and also place, fastboot.exe in same folder.
- Copy downloaded ROM to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone in fastboot mode and connect your phone with pc.
- Open command prompt, navigate to c:\temp folder and execute “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- Reboot your phone and let the ROM to boot, once done reboot into recovery again and flash tweaks package in the same way you flashed ROM.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum