The Fallout Evolution is one of the most stable Firmware that are available for HTC Desire S, I am myself using and can confirm stability. The ROM is ported from HTC One V based on RUU 2.08.401.2 – release key. The key feature of this ROM is the 3.0.16 stock HTC kernel, Sense 4.0A & Android ICS 4.0.3. I’ve myself used this ROM on my Desire S and can confirm that this ROM is very fast, highly stable and completely De-odexed. The only problem with this ROM is that Wi-Fi hotspot doesn’t works. Here is a step by step tutorial to install Fallout Evolution on your HTC Desire S.
Alright, so as you all know in order to use any CUSTOM ROM on HTC Device, you need unlocked bootloader. If your device doesn’t have unlocked bootloader then get it done from HTCDev’s Website. If you’ve already S-Off and rooted device you don’t need to do this. Assuming you already have an unlocked bootloader & rooted Desire S i’ll mention further steps to install Fallout Evolution ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Key Features of Fallout Evolution ROM:
- Base: 2.08.401.2 One V RUU -release-keys
- Kernel: Stock 3.0.16
- Android 4.0.3
- Sense 4.0A
- Completely deodexed, zip-aligned
- Unsecured boot image
- Ad Blocker pre-installed
- Stock One V boot up and down animations
- runparts enabled and tested(init.d scripts)
- Completely stock framework
- Memory Management: Endy’s balanced profile
- Increased camera picture quality
- Added Fallout Tweaks
- Configurable “wake up with volume keys”
- Configurable 3D rosie spin effect
- Configurable number of homescreens on Rosie: 3, 5, 7 or 9
- Sense 4 animations
- DLNA capability activated on stock Music app
- Recente apps up to 20
Prerequisites before Updating Fallout Evolution ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update HTC Desire S With Fallout Evolution ROM:
- Download Fallout Evolution v4.3 Full ROM and v4.4 Updater on your PC.
- Copy downloaded zip file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot your phone into CWM recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Cache > Clear Dalvik Cache.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the Fallout Evolution v4.3 Full ROM zip file that you previously moved to your phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, repeat above step again and this time choose v4.4 Updater instead of v4.3 file, reboot your phone and enjoy your Fallout Evolution ROM.
- In case you’re got your device unlocked from htcdev.com and has S-On then you need to flash boot using fastboot.
- Copy boot.img from downloaded zip to c:\temp folder and place fastboot files in that folder.
- Open command prompt and enter “fastboot flash boot boot.img“, reboot and Enjoy.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum