So we’re back again, this time with new ROM for your Galaxy S3. The Omega v11.1 ROM comes with XXBLG8 stock kernel and is running on android 4.0.4, also it comes with 4 different themes. This rom is deodexed and comes pre-rooted. The ROM also comes with Omega Files Kitchen which means more customization options for you. So, let’s update your device with this latest firmware.
Alright, so as you all know in order to use any CUSTOM ROM, you need rooted android device. If your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3“. Assuming you already have a rooted Galaxy S3 i’ll mention further steps to install Omega V11.1 XXBLG8 Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Prerequisites before Updating Omega V11.1 ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 With Omega V11.1 ROM:
- Download Omega V11.1 XXBLG8 Firmware on your PC.
- Copy downloaded zip file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your Omega v11.1 ROM.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum