The best thing about buying Samsung Galaxy S3 is that there are lot of customization options available. Also there are plenty of custom ROMs to choose from. We’ll try to bring you most tutorials about updating firmware so that you can enjoy full customization of your favorite android device.
Alright, so as you all know in order to use any CUSTOM ROM, you need rooted android device. If your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3“. Assuming you already have a rooted Galaxy S3 i’ll mention further steps to install RGUI MIUI V5 beta firmware. In case you wish to know features of this rom then checkout this link.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Prerequisites before updating MIUI v5 Beta ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 With RGUI MIUI V5 Beta ROM:
- Download RGUI MIUI v5 Beta Firmware on your PC.
- Copy downloaded zip file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your RGUI MIUI V5 Beta ROM.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum