Optimus 4X HD is one of the best android smartphones presented by LG. In today’s article we’ll share with you the simple procedure to root your device.
Let me remind you that you follow this procedure at your own risk and we won’t be blamed if your device is bricked during the process.
Rooting prerequisites for LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Go to menu > Settings > Applications > Development. Enable USB Debugging and ”Allow Unknown Sources” or “Allow Mock Locations”.
- First you need to download and install LG USB drivers.
- Download rooting script for your computer and and extract it to “C:\o4xr”.
- After the download, connect the LG 4X HD to your computer.
- Download and install SystemBackupTest on your device and then restart your device.
- Now connect your device with your PC. Open command prompt and navigate to “c:\o4xr” folder where you’ve had downloaded rooting script.
- Type “root” and press enter, let the rooting procedure get complete and then it will restart your device.
- Go to Play Store and update SuperSU app, remove systembackuptest.apk that you installed previously, enjoy, your device is rooted now.
Bear in mind that your warranty gets void when your root your phone. You obviously have the option to unroot it and hence, claim your warranty.