Having full control over your Android device so that you can tweak it to your liking is always an advantage. You can overclock the processor and increase your phone’s efficiency.
The LG Optimus L7 is one of the recent additions to the market. In today’s article we are discussing how to root the LG Optimus L7. Remember that this is to be done at your own risk.
Rooting prerequisites for LG Optimus L7:
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Go to menu > Settings > Applications > Development. Enable USB Debugging.
Steps to root LG Optimus L7:
- Download LG L7 USB Drivers & LG Optimus L7 Root.zip, extract both files to their respective folders.
- Install USB drivers first and then Connect the LG Optimus L7 to the computer via USB cable in Mass Storage Mode.
- Run LG Optimus L7 Root.bat from the extracted folder.
- Follow all onscreen instructions and proceed.
- Reboot your phone and install Superuser. Your phone has been rooted.
In order to check whether the phone has been rooted or not, use applications such as root checker. Keep in mind that your warranty gets void when you root the phone.