The HTC Sensation XL was released last year and is one of the best smartphones engineered and created by the Taiwanese manufacturer. If you are one of those owners of the Sensation XL who would like to personalize your settings, get themes of your own choice, overclock the processor, etc. the first thing to do is to root the phone.
Here is a very simple procedure to root your HTC Sensation XL using an easy-to-use tool.
Steps to Root HTC Sensation XL Without Unlocking Bootloader:
- Install USB Drivers in your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sensation XL by going to Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your phone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Download DoomLord Root Tool v4 to your computer and extract it.
- Open runme.bat file from the extracted folder.
- The rooting process will begin. Just follow the on screen instructions that might appear on the computer screen.
You have successfully rooted the phone. In order to check reboot the device and check whether Superuser app is installed or not in order to confirm.
There is a very simple tool named Mr Root that helps you unroot your Sensation XL along with other Android handsets in a single click.
You need to enable USB debugging and back up all the data. Unrooting the Sensation XL gets the warranty that had been voided will rooting.
Steps to Unroot HTC Sensation XL:
- Disable fastboot on your phone by going to settings > power > fastboot.
- Connect your phone to the computer and make sure that the connection is set to charge only.
- Download your suitable RUU.exe from here.
- Once download is complete, open the RUU.exe and follow the steps.
- Once the process is complete, reboot your phone.
You can confirm whether the phone is unrooted or not by the root checker app from Google Play.