Yes, we’re back again and this time with custom firmware for your HTC One X. maXimus v3.0 is based on latest RUU 2.17.401.2 release-keys. The ROM has HTC Sense 4.1 and Android 4.0.4 Base.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root HTC One X“. Assuming you already have rooted device, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of HTC One maXimus V3.0 Firmware:
- Based on latest RUUs
- Aroma Installer
- APM and EQS
- Init.d capabilities
- Unsecured boot.img
- RAM optimizations
- Added busybox
- All apps updated
- Tweaked for best performance
- Fast and Smooth UI
- Working HTC Hub app
- Deleted bloatware
- Deleted freedback apps
- Ability to choose any language you want
- General clean up
- Added Solid Explorer, AdAway, Tegra Zone
Prerequisites before Updating HTC One maXimus V3.0 ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update One X with HTC One maXimus V3.0 ROM:
- Download HTC One maXimus V3.0.zip on your PC.
- Copy downloaded zip file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your HTC One maXimus v3.0 ROM.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins. and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum