Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 was one of the most popular budget phones in 2011 and it received good support from developer community. The Apocalypse custom ROM is based on latest CyanogenMod 7.2 RC3. This ROM is specially built to satisfy those users whose concerns are looks and performance. Here is a step by step tutorial to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830“. If you already have rooted Galaxy Ace S5830, follow this step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Please follow all the instructions at your own risk, Android lounge will not be responsible in any case if your phone gets bricked following this guide.
Key features of Apocalypse ROM:
- Custom Boot Animation
- ICS-Style Settings Menu
- Transparent Theme
- Holo Home Launcher
- Blue Torch
- Google Play Store 3.5.19
- Superuser v3.0.7(41)
- Firekernel OC
- dalvik.vm.heapsize raised to 64m as in stock roms
- Wireless speed tweaks
- Graphics enhancement tweaks
- Power saving tweaks
- Tweaked GPS configuration for optimum results
- 30steps volume mod
- Beats Audio (v2.07) + alsa + AudioFX Widget for superd sound and bass
- Real Player Beta
Prerequisites before Updating Apocalypse custom ROM:
- Ensure that you have taken complete back up of the phone including contacts, logs and sms.
- Your phone should be charged to the extent of 70-80 percent.
- Don’t forget to turn off anti-virus suites.
- USB Debugging should be enabled.
- Ensure that you have Installed CWM Recovery on your Phone.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Apocalypse CM7 ROM:
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here.
- Copy downloaded file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot the Phone into CWM recovery.
- Once entered in recovery mode, now perform nandroid back up and follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Cache > Clear Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install Zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Select the downloaded ZIP file that is placed on root of your SD card.
- Once the installation is completed, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.”
That’s it, you’re done. Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum