Within a few months after launch Samsung Galaxy S I9000 has obtained a good amount of developer assistance via custom ROMs and the best thing is, there are some Android 4.1 ROMs too. The Slim ICS custom ROM is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Its first build of Slim Bean ROM developers, which means, you may have to face few bugs, but developer will fix them all as soon as possible, so it’s worthy to try. Here is a step by step tutorial to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root Samsung Galaxy S I9000“. If you already have rooted Galaxy S I9000, follow this step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Please follow all the instructions at your own risk, Android lounge will not be responsible in any case if your phone gets bricked following this guide.
Key features of SLIM ICS ROM:
- ROM built by AOSP sources and has many functions that can easily be customized.
- It is quite light, smooth and stable.
- ROM has five different languages ( en, fr, de, it and es).
- ROM is just 54MB-70MB in size.
- Lightning Launcher gives a stunning look to your Galaxy S3.
- You can get Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar.
- You can check many things like Weather, Calendar etc directly with from lockscreen.
Prerequisites before Updating Slim ICS custom ROM:
- Ensure that you have taken complete back up of the phone including contacts, logs and sms.
- Your phone should be charged to the extent of 70-80 percent.
- Don’t forget to turn off anti-virus suites.
- USB Debugging should be enabled.
- Ensure that you have Installed CWM Recovery on your Phone.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Slim ICS custom ROM:
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here.
- Copy downloaded file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot the Phone into CWM recovery.
- Once entered in recovery mode, now perform nandroid back up and follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Cache > Clear Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install Zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Select the downloaded ZIP file that is placed on root of your SD card.
- Once the installation is completed, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.”
That’s it, you’re done. Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum