Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 was better known as budget sibling of Galaxy S II in 2011, also the android developer community didn’t disheartened its users by providing full support for the device. This ROM is based on latest CyanogenMod 9 RC3.1. This ROM is highly stable and loved by most Custom ROM users. Here is a step by step tutorial to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001“. If you already have rooted Galaxy S Plus i9001, follow this step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Please follow all the instructions at your own risk; Android lounge will not be responsible in any case if your phone gets bricked following this guide.
Working Things in CyanogenMod 9 ROM:
- Outgoing & Incoming Calls
- Proximity sensor
- USB mass storage
- HW accelerated GUI
- HW accelerated Video
- USB & Wifi Tethering
Prerequisites Before Updating CyanogenMod 9 Custom ROM:
- Ensure that you have taken complete back up of the phone including contacts, logs and sms.
- Your phone should be charged to the extent of 70-80 percent.
- Don’t forget to turn off anti-virus suites.
- USB Debugging should be enabled.
- Ensure that you have Installed CWM Recovery on your Phone.
- Use CWM 5 or CWM 6 only for flashing this ROM.
- Do not restore backup data of system as it might de-stabilize your device.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 with CyanogenMod 9 ROM:
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here
- Download Update File from here.
- Download Latest Gapps Package.
- Copy downloaded file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot the Phone into CWM recovery.
- Once entered in recovery mode, now perform nandroid back up and follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Cache > Clear Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install Zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card. Select the downloaded ROM ZIP file that is placed on root of your SD card.
- Repeat same step to flash update file zip.
- Repeat same step to flash Gapps Package zip.
- Once the installation is completed, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.”
That’s it, you’re done. Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum