So we’re back again, this time with new ROM for your Galaxy S3. The CheckROM EvoHD™ V4 ROM is de-odexed and comes pre-rooted. There is a Kitchen Pro app that enables you to fully customize your ROM as per your desire.
Alright, so as you all know in order to use any CUSTOM ROM, you need rooted android device. If your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3“. Assuming you already have a rooted Galaxy S3 i’ll mention further steps to install CheckROM EvoHD™ V4 firmware.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Key Features of CheckROM EvoHD™ V4 ROM:
- Based on XXBLG8 Firmware from Samsung
- Kernel: Stock Samsung LG8 (Hacked) (Samsung Built love with Team induced chemistry )
- Baseband: XXLG8
- SuperSu v0.93
- No Wipe
- Scrolling Made Smoother
- Build.prop tweaks
- Hardware Acceleration Enabled (GPU UI Enabled)
- Multi CSC
- Sd Card Speed Fix
- %Battery (Use settings>>Display>Battery percentage)
- Bloatware removed.
- Jelly Stock Animations
- Crt-OFF Effect
- Hot Boot Power Menu’s
- Volume Keys mapped to Skip Music
- OOM Priority Charger
- Reduced Touchwiz Redraw
- Smooth Spinners
- Added Traditional Extended Power Menu
- Fixed the Cell Stand By issue
- Optimized Ram
Prerequisites before Updating CheckROM EvoHD™ V4 ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 With CheckROM EvoHD™ V4 ROM:
- Download CheckROM EvoHD V4 ROM on your PC.
- Copy downloaded zip file to root of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Once entered in recovery mode, follow below mentioned steps.
- First perform Factory Reset > Wipe Data > Clear Dalvik Cache > Clear Cache Data.
- Now select option “install zip from sd card” then choose the zip file that you previously moved to you’s phone’s SD card and then follow on screen instructions.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your Omega v11.1 ROM.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum