The Samsung Galaxy Note is one of those lucky devices to receive an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. But no one has any idea when it will arrive. Thankfully, XDA developers have compiled an unofficial CyanogenMod 10 nightly for the phone. Keep in mind that these nightlies are generic cialis cheap unstable and you might come across some bugs.
The following is the procedure to upgrade the Galaxy Note to Android v4.1.1 Jelly bean via CyanogenMod 10 (nightly).
Prerequisites before installing this ROM:
- This procedure is strictly for the Note only (model no, GT-N7000). Using it on other phones might give undesirable results.
- Use instructions at your own risk.
- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed and running CyanogenMod 9 ROM.
- Download the following: unofficial CyanogenMod 10 nightlies and GApps package.
- Backup all personal data on your phone in case all data is erased.
- Make sure your battery stands at 70% or more.
- Don’t flash this ROM if you’re on stock or other ICS firmware, you will brick your device.
Steps To Install CyanogenMod 10 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file into the root of your Galaxy Note SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot into recovery mode. This can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Make a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from viagra online cheap SD card and select the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file.
- Select go back and flash GApps package in the same way.
- Select Reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Note has is now running CyanogenMod 10 unofficial nightly.