There is yet another custom firmware for the One X. Android Revolution HD v9.3.0 is based on latest official HTC 2.17.401.2 (WWE) firmware. The ROM has HTC Sense 4.1 and Android 4.0.4 Base. Here is step by step tutorial to update this ROM.
As we all know that rooted device is needed for custom ROM installation. In case if your device is not rooted then follow this guide “How to Root HTC One X“. Assuming you already have rooted device, i am starting step by step tutorial to install this ROM.
Note: You follow all the instructions at your own risk, we’re not responsible in any case if your phone is bricked.
Features of Android Revolution HD v9.2.0 ROM:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions – Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- ZRAM ready!
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom one (or use ICS default)
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support for Ice Cream Sandwich
Prerequisites before Updating HTC Android Revolution HD v9.2.0 ROM:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with help of Root Checker App.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% battery life.
- Backup all your contacts, logs, sms and rest of useful data.
- Backup your existing ROM with help of CWM Recovery.
Steps to Update One X with Android Revolution HD v9.2.0 ROM:
- Download Android Revolution HD v9.2.0, Super Wipe script and boot.img for 9.0.x on your PC.
- Copy downloaded ROM and Super Wipe script to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now we will first flash boot.img, extract boot.img for 9.0.x file, windows users double click “install-boot-windows.bat”, Mac & Linux users select ‘install-boot-mac.sh’ or ‘install-boot-linux.sh’ follow on screen instructions and let process to complete. This procedure only works with S-OFF devices.
- If your device is S-ON then:
- Copy fastboot folder from extracted folder to C:\fastboot.
- Reboot your phone into bootloader by pressing Volume Down + Power Button. Once entered in bootloader, connect your phone with PC.
- Open command prompt and navigate to C:\fastboot and enter “fastboot flash boot boot.img” command, this will flash boot.img on your phone.
- Now enter your phone in to recovery mode.
- Select “install from sdcard” then choose ”choose zip from sdcard” and select Super Wipe Script that you placed on root of your SD card. Let process to complete.
- Go back to main menu and once again select “install from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Android Revolution HD v9.2.0 zip and let ROM installation process complete.
- After process completes, reboot your phone and enjoy your latest ROM.
Boot Loop Issue:
In case if you stuck in boot loop, remove the battery for 2 mins. and reinsert, follow above mentioned procedure again. Even if your problem is not solved then try flasing boot.img using fastboot.
Don’t forget to drop your valuable feedback & comments regarding above tutorial.
Rom And Procedure Credit: XDA Forum